Christopher J. LincoskiMD
Location: State College (Regent Court), Altoona (Fairway Drive), DuBois
Specialty: Hand and Wrist Surgery, Elbow Surgery, Hand and Wrist Reconstruction, Wrist and Finger Fractures, Tendon and Nerve RepairMake an appointment
Dr. Lincoski is a board certified and fellowship trained hand surgeon. His training and experience include unique competencies in the areas of hand and upper extremity surgery including nerve repair, wrist arthroscopy, wrist fractures, minimally invasive surgery of the hand, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon injuries, and Dupuytren’s contracture. Most problems can be effectively treated nonsurgically with splints, casts, cortisone injections, or physical therapy. With more severe injuries and disorders, a minimally invasive surgery may be the best option to help relieve your pain. Your hands are an essential part of every day, and Dr. Lincoski focuses on providing you the opportunity to gain your tractability back.
Dr. Lincoski is a member of the American Society for Surgery of Hand, American Association for Hand Surgery, and Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society. Most recently, Dr. Lincoski proudly served his country as an orthopedic hand surgeon in the United States Air Force returning from a tour of duty in Afghanistan in May 2010.
Dr. Lincoski resides in State College, PA with his wife Sue and daughter Paige. His interests include mountain biking, skiing, weight lifting, and golf.
- 2008 Hand Fellowship, Thomas Jefferson University/Philadelphia Hand Center, Philadelphia PA
- 2007 Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- 2000 PGY-1 Preliminary Surgical Internship, Abington Memorial Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- 1999 Doctorate of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- 1995 Bachelor of Sciences, Pre-medicine, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery or the Hand (2012)
- Board Certified, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Participation in ASSH Young Leaders Program
- Air Force Health Professions Scholarship
- Lawrence Schneider Hand Fellowship Research Competition
- Honors Section – Immunology, Biochemistry
- Medical School High Honors
- Dean’s List – Undergraduate
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society
- Reverend Dave Wentroble Memorial Scholarship
- Book chapter, Open reduction and Internal fixation of PIP fracture dislocations. Lincoski CJ, In PIP Fractures and Dislocations, in press, 2015
- Chapter 54: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Osterman AL, Lincoski CJ, in Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity, 6th Ed, 2011
- Chapter 77: Operative Wrist Arthroscopy. Osterman AL, Lincoski CJ, in Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity, 6th Ed, 2011
- Reconstruction of Digital Nerves using a Purified Type I Bovine Collagen Nerve Conduit. Taras JS, Lincoski CJ, Steelman PJ, Jacoby SM. Submitted to Journal of Hand Surgery, Am. July 2011
- Podium presentation ASSH Meeting Resident/Fellows Conference Sept 17, 2008.
- Benign Nerve Tumors in the Hand and Forearm. Lincoski CJ, Harter GD, Bush DC. American Journal of Orthopedics March 2007.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Due To Tophaceous Gout. Rich JT, Bush DC, Lincoski CJ, Harrington T. Orthopedics Vol. 27, Number 8, August 2004.
- Epidermoid Cysts in the Hand. Lincoski CJ, Bush DC. Journal of Hand Surgery, European Volume. Accepted for publication August 2009.
- On the Value of a Small Residency Training Program. Lincoski CJ, J Bone and Joint Surg; 25 Jan 2005. Letter to the Editor.
- Femoral Head Autograft in Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip: 20 Year Follow-Up. Lincoski CJ, Harter GD, Wolfgang G. Study
- Basic Science Study on Nerve Growth and Regeneration. Janet Weis Research Center, May-June 2003.
- Conducted basic science research on a rat model of sciatic nerve regeneration.
- Lymphocyte Subpopulations in Lymphoid Organs of Rats after Acute Resistance Exercise. Mastro AM, Schlosser DA, Grove DS, Lincoski CJ, Pishak SA, Gordon S, Kraemer WJ. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 74-81, 1999.
- Research Assistant, Molecular and Cell Biology Dept., Pennsylvania State University (1993-1995).
- Recipient of NASA Space Grant College Fellowship to research the effects of estrogen on bioactive and immunoactive prolactin concentrations in rodents.; This research laid groundwork for interpretation of data from two space flights.
- Geisinger Medical Center orthopedic rounds- distal radius fracture complications, sept 2012
- Geisinger Medical Center orthopedic rounds- Wartime Orthopedic Trauma in Afghanistan, 2011
- Mount Nittany Medical Center- nurse lecture, Wartime Orthopedic Trauma in Afghanistan, 2011
- Drayer Physical Therapy Roundtable- Cmc Arthroplasty, sept 2012
- Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand (2006-Present)
- Member, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- Committee Member, Adrian E. Flatt Residents and Fellows Conference Committee (2009-2014)
- Member, Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society (2003-2010)
- Moderator of Scientific Papers Resident and Fellows Conference (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Committee Member, International Relations Committee (2013-Present)
- Member, American Association of Hand Surgery (2011-2014)
- Chairman International Listserv Subcommittee (April 2015-Present)
- Consultant Editor, Journal of Hand Surgery (February 2013-Present)
- University Orthopedics Center Surgical Services (UOCSS)
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Geisinger Gray’s Woods
- UPMC Altoona
- Tyrone Hospital
- Advanced Center for Surgery