Jonathan P. Van Kleunen M.D.
Dr. Van Kleunen is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine. His fellowship in sport medicine focused on complex arthroscopy of the shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee. His passion for medicine pushes him to continue to train in many cutting-edge techniques in orthopedics. He practices surgical and non-operative treatment options. He is dedicated to be available to you along the road to recovery by helping guide patients back to their best outcome. His goal is to diagnose your condition properly and restore the ability to enjoy life's activities.
Dr. Van Kleunen resides in Duncansville, PA with his wife Amy and their two children. In his free time, Dr. Van Kleunen enjoys spending time with his family, sports, fitness, music, cooking, and entertaining.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Certification
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine Subspecialty Certification
- Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center | Fellowship, 2011
- University of Pennsylvania | Orthopedic Surgery Residency, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania | Orthopedic Surgery Internship, 2005
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine | DO, 2002
- Saint Joseph's University | BS, 1998
- Instructor B, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2005-2010
- Medical Director, Penn State Altoona Athletics
- Team Physician, Tyrone Golden Eagle Football Team
Research and Publications
- Mechanical Study of Demineralized Bone for Biological Disk Implant. Gregory M. Bailey, DO, Darryl R. Sybert, DO, FAOAO
- Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome and Pediatric Hip Disorders. Gregory M. Bailey, DO, Charles T. Mehiman, DO, Jack H. Rubinstein, MD
- Grand Rounds Doctors Hospital, 2001-Spinal Tumors, 2001 Spinal Cord
- Trauma, 2000-Upper Cervical Spine Fractures, 1999-Pediatric Scoliosis, 1998-Scaphoid Fractures and Treatment
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2 double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, four parallel arm, dose finding study to evaluate the efficacy, safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of single intra-articular injections of an investigational product in patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Sub-Investigator for a prospective, randomized, multi-center study comparing the safety and effectiveness of a prosthesis to standard of care in patients with a degenerative joint disease.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2 double-blind, randomized, parallel group, dose-ranging study to assess the safety and efficacy of an investigational product for the treatment of pain in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Associate Member Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Advanced Center for Surgery
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Conemaugh Nason Medical Center
- Tyrone Regional Health Network
- UPMC Altoona
Very knowledgeable. Very friendly and personable. Always a pleasure to go to my appointments. Has gone above and beyond in helping with all my medical issues. Has performed two hip surgeries and one knee surgery to date. Very highly recommend!1 – 2
Had a great experience seeing Dr. Van Kleunen for some elbow injections. He was extremely nice, personable, and knowledgeable. He made sure I understood my condition, options, and the present procedure.2 – 2