Shawn C. Saylor D.O.
Dr. Saylor is a board-certified sports medicine specialist providing nonsurgical musculoskeletal care to area athletes of all levels including weekend warriors, laborers, families, etc. He is dedicated to working with his patients to assess the problem and find the solution to get them back doing what they love. He enjoys osteopathic medicine because it focuses on the body functioning as a unit, which ties in with his love for sports. In addition, he has always excelled at hands-on and analytical tasks. It is no wonder how he has built a solid reputation as one of the premier sport medicine physicians in central Pennsylvania. These skills and interests have allows him to provide evidenced-based, compassionate care, no matter your activity level so that patients can safely resume their active lifestyles. He also serves as the medical director for Mount Aloysius College athletes and is the team physician for the Altoona Curves and the Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic High School.
When Dr. Saylor is out of office, he enjoys spending time with his family, auto mechanics, and golf. He resides in Hollidaysburg, PA with his wife Jen and their four children.
- American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- American Board of Family Physicians, Certification of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
- Saint Joseph Medical Center | AOA Sports Medicine Fellowship, 2010
- Conemaugh Memorial Hospital | Family Medicine Residency, 2010
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine | DO, 2007
- Juniata College | BS, 2003
Research and Publications
- "The Unusual Rearrangement of Ethyl Dihydrocinnamate," National Conference of Undergraduate Research.
- "Primary pyomyositis of iliacus and piriformis muscles in a health 17 year old football player," Submitted to AOASM January 2011
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 3 efficacy and safety study of sustained-release investigational product in subjects with osteoarthritis.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2 double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, four parallel arm, dose finding study to evaluate the efficacy, safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of single intra-articular injections of an investigational product in patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an investigational product extended release and immediate release in subjects with gout.
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine (AMMSM)
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Association of Sports Medicine
- Conemaugh Nason Medical Center
- Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital (formerly Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital)
- Penn Highlands Tyrone
- UPMC Altoona
Dr. Saylor expeditiously examined my son following a recent sports injury. The care my son received was absolutely terrific! It’s great to see client-centered care at its best and a physician that puts his own professional and personal experiences into the mix when making clinical decisions. Thank you!!!1 – 3
Dr. Saylor was very patient with my son and took a good deal of time to come up with a plan to help with his leg pain and make sure we understood what was going on. He made my son feel comfortable and talked to him directly and not just me. Definitely recommend him for your child’s care!!2 – 3
Dr. Saylor is awesome to work with! He listens and cares about getting you back to your athletic activities. I really appreciate his good humor and frankness3 – 3