Robert J. Singer D.O.
Dr. Singer is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with an outstanding twenty-five years of experience. His extensive training has made him an expert in sports, hand, joint, and reconstructive surgery. His goal is to help improve the patient's quality of life. That is why he strives to stay current with the latest technologies and techniques in the ever changing world of orthopedic treatment. Dr. Singer makes sure to take the time and explain the realistic expectations with both conservative and operative care in regard to your orthopedic condition in a way that is easy to follow and understand. This allows patients to review all their options and decide what is best for them.
Dr. Singer resides in Hollidaysburg, PA with his wife Pam and four children. He enjoys spending time with his family, ice hockey, and outdoor activities.
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Recertification
- Ohio University of College of Osteopathic Medicine | Residency, 1996
- Warren General Hospital | Internship, 1992
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine | DO, 1991
- Gannon University | BS, 1987
Research and Publications
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2 double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, four parallel arm, dose finding study to evaluate the efficacy, safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of single intra-articular injections of an investigational product in patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an investigational product in the treatment of Dupuytren's Nodules.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2 double-blind, randomized, parallel group, dose-ranging study to assess the safety and efficacy of an investigational product for the treatment of pain in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.
- "Medical and Surgical Management of the Wrist and Hand," DiSepio Symposium Series, Saint Francis University, Loretto, PA, 2015
- "Current Challenges and Treatment of Distal Tibia Fractures," Zimmer Orthopedic Seminar, Blair County Ball Park, Altoona, PA, 2007
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society
- Advanced Center for Surgery
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Conemaugh Nason Medical Center
- Penn Highlands Tyrone Workout
- UPMC Altoona
I left my visit with a sense of security. My procedure was explained to me in such a way that I had no questions for Dr. Singer at the completion of the visit. He was very professional and did not rush the visit. I highly recommend him for any of your Orthopedic needs.1 – 2
Absolutely the best orthopedic practice Dr. Singer and his team at University Orthopedic Center (UOC). Quickly and safely entered building, temperature check, social distancing, less then five minute wait called back for ON-SITE X-RAYS. Barely sat down and nurse took me back to begin exam. Doctor quickly and efficiently reviewed x-rays, completed and determined probable cause, provided treatment, and explained case scenario clearly and efficiently. WILL NEVER GO ANYWHERE ELSE! Dr. Singer and his team are the best!!2 – 2