Thomas J. Ellis D.O.
Dr. Ellis is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with an individualized sports medicine fellowship. His comprehensive training and experience have given him unique competencies in total knee replacement, general shoulder care, and sports injuries. Recent technological advancements in surgical and nonsurgical orthopedic treatment have allowed Dr. Ellis to utilize a less invasive approach to addressing orthopedic conditions. His background and keen interest in sports have made him an expert when it comes to treating knee injuries.
In Dr. Ellis' free time, he enjoys sports, working out, and traveling. He resides in Boalsburg, PA, with his wife.
American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Milton S. Hershey Medical Center | Sports Medicine Fellowship, 1994
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Kennedy Memorial Hospital | Residency, 1993
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Kennedy Memorial Hospital | Internship, 1989
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine | DO, 1988
- Pennsylvania State University | BS, 1984
Research and Publications
- Ellis, T.J., Mogil, C., "A Review of Neuropathic Arthropathy with Case Report." Submitted as yearly paper for publication 1993.
- Ellis, T.J., Weiland, R.L., "Pseudaneurysm after application of Tibial External Fixator: Case Report and Review of Literature." Submitted as yearly paper and for publication, 1992.
- Ellis, T.J., Mogil, C., "A Review of Interochanteric Fractures Treated with Medical Displacement Osteotomy." Submitted as yearly paper and for publication 1991.
- Ellis, T.J. Clinical Synopsis "Fingertip Injuries." Submitted as yearly paper, 1990.
- BUP3011: Sub investigator. Chronic moderate to severe OA pain of the hip and knee. Trial start date: January 2004.
- Merck0301: Sub investigator. Post-operative arthroscopic pain study. Initiation date: February 2004.
- OL 09-01-03: Sub investigator. Distal radius fracture study. Trial start date: June 2003.
- HUPS L-8229: Principal Investigator. Painful shoulder study. Trial start date: June 2003.
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- American Osteopathic Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Phi Sigma Gamma Medical Fraternity
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery-Sports Medicine, CAQ Committee
- Clinical Instructor, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Mount Nittany Medical Center, OR Committee
- University Orthopedics Center Surgical Services (UOCSS)
- Advanced Center for Surgery
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Penn Highlands DuBois
- Penn Highlands Huntingdon (formerly JC Blair Memorial Hospital)
- UPMC Altoona
Dr. Ellis is a wonderful physician who truly cares about his patients and does his best to make their visit a personal and informative one. He does not rush you in and out but carefully listens to his patients' concerns and, from there, comes up with a medical plan to rectify the problem. He is definitely a true professional that cares about his patients!!1 – 2
Thank you to Dr. Ellis for prividing me a 2nd opinion on my wrist injury. Since I was not permitted to have family present due to COVID restrictions, I also appreciated that he was kind enough to communicate via facetime with my daughter. As always, he was thorough, pleasant, and professional during my appointment.2 – 2