Shawn C. SaylorDO
Location: Altoona (Fairway Drive), Roaring Spring, Ebensburg, Johnstown
Specialty: Primary Care Sports Medicine, Sports Concussion Management, Nonoperative Musculoskeletal CareMake an appointment
“No matter what your level of activity, my goal is to get you back doing what you enjoy.” – Dr. Saylor
Dr. Saylor is a board certified sports medicine specialist providing nonsurgical musculoskeletal care to area athletes of all levels, weekend warriors, laborers, and families. He works with his patients to help accurately assess the problem and make informed decisions about what is best in order to get you back doing what you love.
Dr. Saylor is a member of the American Osteopathic Association, the American Academy of Osteopathy, the American Osteopathic Association of Sports Medicine, the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, and the American Academy of Family Physicians. He has quickly built a solid reputation as one of the premier sports medicine physicians in central Pennsylvania. He enjoys Osteopathic medicine, which focuses on the body functioning as a unit, sports, and has always excelled at hands-on and analytical tasks. These skills and interests allow him to provide you with evidence-based, compassionate care, no matter your activity level in order for you to safely resume your active lifestyle.
Dr. Saylor resides in Hollidaysburg with his wife Jen and their four children. He enjoys spending time with his family, auto mechanics, and golf.
- 2003 Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA
- 2003-2007 Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, PA
- 2008-2010 Residency, AOA/AMA Family Medicine Resident, Conemaugh Memorial Hospital, Johnstown, PA
- 2010 Fellowship, AOA Sports Medicine Fellowship, Saint Joseph Medical Center, Reading, PA
- 2010, American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
- 2012, American Board of Family Physicians, Certification of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
- Basic Life Support (BLS), American Heart Association
- Medical Director, Mount Aloysius College Athletics
- Team Physician, Altoona Curve, AA Minor League Baseball affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Team Physician Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic High School, Altoona, PA
- “The Unusual Rearrangement of Ethyl Dihydrocinnamate,” National Conference of Undergraduate Research.
- “Primary pyomyositis of iliacus and piriformis muscles in a health 17 year old football player,” Submitted to AOASM January 2011
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 3 efficacy and safety study of sustained-release investigational product in subjects with osteoarthritis.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2 double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, four parallel arm, dose finding study to evaluate the efficacy, safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of single intra-articular injections of an investigational product in patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of an investigational product extended release and immediate release in subjects with gout.
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American Osteopathic Association of Sports Medicine
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Nason Hospital
- Tyrone Hospital
- UPMC Altoona