Application for Employment
Applications Helpdesk Specialist (Full-Time)
Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to electronic applications. Respond to queries either in person, by phone or electronically. Maintain daily performance of application systems. Assist in activities required to implement and sustain electronic medical records for all UOC staff. Works directly with administrative personnel and clinical staff to answer questions, establish expectations and implement appropriate functionality (including design of new work flows and recommendations of internal structural process change) to support user needs.
• High school diploma required.
• Clinical background preferred.
• Training and/or experience supporting EMR application preferred.
• Possess an understanding of the healthcare discipline that is being served by the computer applications.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as program manuals, policies and procedures and the like and communicate information to all staff. Must be able to present information in a large group setting or in a one on one situation.
• Must be able to effectively complete comprehensive reports, complete forms, and compile information.
o (Essential that this information can be presented in verbal or written form)
• Knowledge and understanding of process re-engineering and change management.
• Skills in problem analysis, problem solving, and time management.
• Multi-tasking ability and detail oriented.
• Computer literacy to include knowledge of Windows programs and functionality, network environments, electronic health record & practice management systems, health information systems and related applications, tools, etc.
• Familiar with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Excellent phone and communication skills.
• Reliable transportation as employee is required to travel to all UOC locations.