Robert J. SingerDO
Location: Altoona (Fairway Drive), Roaring Spring
Specialty: Providing Care in Hip, Knee, Shoulder, and Elbow Replacement/Reconstruction, Sports Injuries, Hand and Wrist Surgery, and Fracture CareMake an appointment
“I chose Orthopedics as my specialty so I could help people get back to what they want to do without pain. I really enjoy seeing former patients out in the community being happy and active again.” – Dr. Singer
Dr. Singer is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon focused on sports, hand, joint, and reconstructive surgery. It is his goal to help improve the quality of life for you, the patient. That is why he strives to stay current with the latest technologies and techniques in the ever changing world of orthopedic treatment.
Dr. Singer is a member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, the Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society, and the American Osteopathic Association. He takes the time to explain the realistic expectations with both conservative and operative care in regard to your orthopedic condition in a way that is easy to understand. This way he is sure to provide you with all options in order to give you the best possible care.
Dr. Singer resides in Hollidaysburg with his wife Pam and their four children. He enjoys spending time with his family, ice hockey, and outdoor activities.
- 1987 Bachelor of Science, Biology, Gannon University, Erie, PA
- 1987-1991 Doctor of Osteopathy, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, MO
- 1991-1992 Internship, Warren General Hospital, Warren, OH
- 1992-1996 Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Ohio University of College of Osteopathic Medicine, St. Joseph’s Health Center/Shenango Valley Medical Center, Warren, OH/Farrell, PA
- 1999, American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- 2010, American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Recertification
- Basic Life Support (BLS), American Heart Association
- “Medical and Surgical Management of the Wrist and Hand,” DiSepio Symposium Series, Saint Francis University, Loretto, PA, 2015
- “Current Challenges and Treatment of Distal Tibia Fractures,” Zimmer Orthopedic Seminar, Blair County Ball Park, Altoona, PA, 2007
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2 double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, four parallel arm, dose finding study to evaluate the efficacy, safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of single intra-articular injections of an investigational product in patients with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an investigational product in the treatment of Dupuytren’s Nodules.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 2 double-blind, randomized, parallel group, dose-ranging study to assess the safety and efficacy of an investigational product for the treatment of pain in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee.
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society
- Advanced Center for Surgery
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Nason Hospital
- Tyrone Hospital
- UPMC Altoona