Edwin J. RoguskyMD
Location: State College (Regent Court), Reedsville
Specialty: Shoulder and Knee Replacements, Arthroscopic Shoulder and Knee Surgery, Sports Injuries, General OrthopedicsMake an appointment
Dr. Rogusky is a Sports Medicine Fellowship Trained and Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon. His training and experience include unique competencies in the areas of total joint replacement, shoulder, and sports injuries. With new technological advances in both surgical and nonsurgical treatment, Dr. Rogusky is able to utilize a less invasive method when addressing your ailment.
He is a member of the Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society, the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellowship trained, and the Arthroscopy Association of North America. The success in healing patients has driven him to continue to return you back to the lifestyle you strive to achieve.
Dr. Rogusky lives in Boalsburg, PA with his wife Patricia and their children. He enjoys skiing, tennis, and mountain biking.
- 1977-1981 Bachelor of Biology, Lafayette College, Easton, PA
- 1981-1985 Medical Doctor, Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- 1985-1986 Internship, Lehigh Valley Hospital Center, Allentown, PA
- 1986-1987 Research Fellow, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- 1987-1991 Residency, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- 1991-1992 Sports Medicine Fellowship, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomat
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Honors Graduate
- COSIDA Academic All-American Division I First Team Running Back (1979;1980)
- National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame Scholar Athlete Award
- Lafayette College Alumni Club Outstanding Athlete Award
- Rogusky, E.J., Reardon, T.F., Lacerte, E., Scheller, A.D. “Surgical Treatment of Chronic Achilles Tendonitis in the Athletic Patient.” Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 26(5):137.
- Rogusky, E.J., Monahan, J.J., Leclair, W.J., and Queenan, J. In Vivo and Postmortal Strain Patterns in Two Major Canine Knee Ligaments.
- Rogusky, E.J. Stryker Dacron Anterior Cruciate Ligament Prosthesis, A Clincial Prospective Evaluation with a 2-5 year follow-up.
- Scheller, A.D., Rogusky, E.J., Lacerte, E. Treatment of Acute and Chronic Achilles Tendonitis.
- HUPS L-8229, Clinical Trial for Painful Shoulders. Trial Start Date: June 2003.
- Dornier, Primary Investigator. Clinical Trial for Lateral Epicondylitis, Trial Start Date: January 2005.
- BUP3011, Sub-investigator. Chronic moderate to severe OA pain of the hip or knee. Trial Start Date: October 2003.
- OL-09-01-03, Sub-investigator. Effects of Drug on distal radius fracture healing. Trial Start date: October 2003.
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery-FELLOW-July 1994
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- University Orthopedics Center Surgical Services (UOCSS)
- Geisinger Lewistown
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Penn Highlands Huntingdon