Angela W. RoweDO FAOAO
Location: Altoona (Fairway Drive), Roaring Spring
Specialty: Hip, Knee, Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery, Fracture CareMake an appointment
“Let’s work together to make you better!” – Dr. Rowe
Dr. Rowe is a board certified orthopedic surgeon committed to providing you with the best up-to-date surgical and nonsurgical treatment for your injuries. As the first female orthopedic surgeon in Blair County, she firmly believes that getting better is a collaborative effort between the patient and the physician. Let her know your problems, concerns, and expectations and she will work with you to succeed in making your life better.
Dr. Rowe is on the Board of Directors of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics. She is also Vice President also on the Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society and will serve as President for 2017-1018. At the local level, she serves on the Medical Executive Committee at Nason Hospital as Vice President from 2017-2018 and then, President from 2019-2010. She is also on the Board of Directors and Chief Medical Officer at the Advanced Center for Surgery.
As the first female in her orthopedic residency training program, Dr. Rowe has always been at the forefront in her career in medicine. She prides herself as an advocate for her patients and a legislative champion for the orthopedic specialists.
Dr. Rowe resides in Hollidaysburg with her husband Paul and their son, Jimmy. She enjoys fly fishing, gourmet cooking, gardening and supporting her son’s hockey team, the Altoona Trackers.
- 1987 Bachelor of Science, Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- 1990-1994 Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
- 1994-1995 Internship, Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
- 1995-1999 Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
- 2001 American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- 2010 American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Recertification
- August 1985, U.S. Department of Commerce Certificate of Recognition for outstanding service in conduction measurements for improving surgical implants. National Bureau of Standards.
- June 1994, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine Orthopaedic Surgery Award
- October 2014, Award of Fellow, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- Rowe, A.: “Women in Orthopedics.” The Journal of the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics March 2014.
- Wang, E., Badalamente, M., Rowe, A., Kaufman, G., Smith, T., McCaul, D., BSRT, MR, Tursi, J.: “Correlation Between Active Range of Motion (AROM) and American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons (ASES) Standardized Shoulder Assessment Function Subscale Score in Subjects with Adhesive Capsulitis (AC). Abstract submission for publication for the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons 2015 meeting.
- Principal Investigator for Allergan Botox osteoarthritis of the knee study
- Sub-Investigator for an open label extension study of an investigational product for 52 weeks in pain associated with fibromyalgia.
- Sub-Investigator for a randomized double-blind, placebo and active controlled study of an investigational product in subjects with pain associated with fibromyalgia.
- Sub-Investigator for a Phase 3 efficacy and safety study of sustained-release investigational product in subjects with osteoarthritis.
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, Fellow 2014
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, Board of Directors 2015
- Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society, Board of Directors, Second Vice President
- Pennsylvania Medical Society, Specialty Leadership Cabinet
- American Osteopathic Association
- Advanced Center for Surgery
- Nason Hospital
- Tyrone Hospital
- UPMC Altoona
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
“Dr. Port performed rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders for my husband and me, and a complete shoulder replacement on my 81-year old mother. Dr. Rowe performed an emergency partial hip replacement on my mother on a holiday. Dr. Singer performed hand surgery on my husband. Dr. Saylor performed an initial evaluation and treatment for several problems that we’ve experienced. We are very confident in and thankful for Blair Orthopedics.” — Jane