John SmaniottoPA-C, ATC (Dr. Sensiba)
Location: State College, DuBoisMake an appointment
John A. Smaniotto, PA-C is a board certified physician assistant with good experience in sports medicine as a former Athletic Trainer for UOC.
John gained valuable experience rotating through a variety of practices and specialties as a physician assistant student, including a 6-week orthopedic surgery rotation. Performed physical exams, obtained full patient histories, and assisted in treatment plans. He has also performed laceration and wound repair, joint injections, joint reductions, and assisted in the operating room for a variety of surgical procedures including joint replacement, knee and shoulder arthroscopy, and fractures.
John and his wife currently live in Zion with one son and have another one on the way. He enjoys golf and spending time with friends and family.
- May 2015-May 2017 Master of Health Science: Physician Assistant Studies, Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania, Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
- Aug 2008-May 2010 Master of Science: Applied Health Physiology , Salisbury University, Salisbury, Maryland
- Aug 2004-May 2008 Bachelor of Arts: Health and Exercise Science-Athletic Training, Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers’ Society
- NCCPA Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C)
- Licensed Physician Assistant, State of PA Board of Medicine
- Licensed Physician Assistant, State of PA Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- DEA Controlled Substance Registration
- NATA BOC Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- Licensed Athletic Trainer, State of PA Board of Medicine
- American Heart Association BLS
- Geisinger Regional Health Systems