John M. Vargo Jr.PA-C (Christopher S. McClellan, DO and William A. Tyndall, MD PHD)
Location: Altoona (Fairway Drive), BedfordMake an appointment
John M. Vargo, Jr., PA-C is an orthopedic physician assistant at University Orthopedics Center (UOC). He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Physician Assistant Sciences at Saint Francis College, Loretto, PA, in 1997 and received his NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants) in August 1997.
John joined UOC in June 2012. He previously worked as a certified physician assistant (PA-C) at Mainline Medical Associates, Altoona, PA from 2004-2012 and HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Altoona, PA from 1999-2004. From 1997-1999, John worked as a PA-C for an orthopedic spine surgeon.
John is a specialist in the area of orthopedics assisting William Andrew Tyndall, MD, PhD and Christopher S. McClellan, DO in the operating room. Other duties include seeing patients at our Altoona Station Medical Center office, making rounds on patients in the hospital, on-call coverage, discharge summaries, and x-ray interpretation.
John lives in Altoona, PA
- 1997 Bachelor of Physician Assistant Sciences, Saint Francis College, Loretto, PA
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants 1997 (Re-certified 2009)
- Certified Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Altoona Regional Health System
- JC Blair Memorial Hospital
- Tyrone Hospital
- Nason Hospital