David ClaarPA-C (Joshua Port, MD)
Location: Altoona (Fairway Drive)Make an appointment
David S. Claar, PA-C is a board certified physician assistant with a strong interest in sports medicine. He is a certified health fitness specialist and enjoys seeing new patients in the clinic and diagnosing various issues of the knee, shoulder and elbow.
In 2012, David had the opportunity to work with Dr. Joshua Port, MD and has been assisting him in the operating room and clinic ever since. In addition, he performs multiple office procedures including knee and shoulder injections, knee and bursal aspirations, and ultrasound guided injections. Other duties include rounding, call coverage and discharge summaries.
David and his wife reside in Hollidaysburg, PA with their son. He enjoys all areas of fitness instruction and training.
- 2012 Masters in Health Science, Lock Haven University, Lock Haven, PA
- 2008 Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
American Academy of Physician Assistants
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- American College of Sports Medicine – Health Fitness Specialist
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, American Heart Association
- Basic Life Support, American Heart Association
- Advanced Center for Surgery
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Nason Hospital
- Tyrone Hospital
- UPMC Altoona