Bradley A. Barter DO
Dr. Barter joined University Orthopedics Center (UOC) in September of 2003 and sees patients in need of orthopedic care at both our State College and Tyrone Hospital office locations. He is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Barter completed his Foot and Ankle Fellowship at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia, PA in 2003. His training and experience include unique competencies in the treatment of foot and ankle, knee, hand, trauma and pediatrics.
After receiving his Medical Degree from Michigan State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, MI in 1997, Dr. Barter completed his internship at Botsford General Hospital, an affiliate of Michigan State University and his residency at St. Michael Hospital, an affiliate of Oklahoma State University.
Dr. Barter is a member of the American Osteopathic Association of Orthopaedic Surgery, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Osteopathic Association, Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association, and the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society.
Dr. Barter resides in State College, PA. He enjoys traveling and boating.
Dr. Barter is currently accepting new patients at our State College and Tyrone Hospital office. For an appointment please call at 814-231-2101 or 1-800-505-2101.
- 1988-1993, B.S., Michigan State University, College of Natural Sciences, East Lansing, MI
- 1993-1997, Michigan State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- 1997-1998 Botsford General Hospital, Internship, Farmington Hills, MI
- 1998-2002 Residency, St. Michael Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK.
- 2002-2003 Fellowship Foot and Ankle, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Awards & Honors:
- Chief Resident, St. Michael Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK
- Implant Arthroplasty of the Thumb Carpometacarpal: Clinical Experience with Spherical Zirconia Implant. Bradley Barter, D.O. and Tom Ewing, D.O.
- Thrombosis of an Ulnar Digital Artery of the Thumb: A Case Report. Bradley Barter, D.O. and Mehdi Adham, D.O.
- Rotator Cuff Suture Pull-out Strength Comparison. Michael Areand, M.D.
- Qualification of Fluoroscopic Exposure of the Surgical Team. Bradley Barter, D.O. and Thomas DiPasquale, D.O.
- Effect of Dietary Fat upon Mammary Cell Tumorigenesis. Dr. Clifford Welsh
- Study of Benthic Algal Colony Formation in artificial River Flumes. William Sobczak, Ph.D.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Osteopathic Association
- Mt. Nittany Medical Center
- Altoona Regional Health System
- Tyrone Hospital
- Team Physician, Mount Saint Mary’s High School Football Team, Oklahoma City, OK
- Michigan State University Shadow Program, High School Athletic Medical Support
- Special Olympics Screening Physicals and Event Support