Gregory M. Bailey DO
Dr. Bailey joined University Orthopedics Center (UOC) in July of 2003 and sees patients in need of orthopedic spine care at our State College location. He is a fellowship trained spine surgeon, completing his spine fellowship at ViaHealth in Rochester, New York in 2003.
After receiving his medical degree from Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1997, Dr. Bailey completed his surgery internship followed by his orthopedic surgery residency at Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH., in 2002.
Dr. Bailey received his certification from the National Board of Medical Examiners in 2002, where he ranked first on the Orthopedic Surgery Written Examination. He is a Member of the American Osteopathic Association and the American Academy of Osteopathic Specialty Surgeons.
Dr. Bailey lives with his wife and children in State College, PA. He enjoys traveling and sporting activities.
Dr. Bailey sees patients in our State College office. If you would like to schedule an appointment please call 814-231-2101 or 800-505-2101.
- 1991 Bachelor of Arts, College of Wooster, Wooster, OH
- 1993-1995 Lake Erie College of Medicine, Erie, PA
- 1997 Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University College of Medicine
- 1997-1998 Internship, Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH
- 1998-2002 Residency, Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH
- 2002-2003 Spine Fellowship, ViaHealth, Rochester, NY
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Honors and Awards:
- 2002 Ranked First, Orthopedic surgery written examination
- 1998 96th Percentile COMLEX Level III
- 1997 99th Percentile COMLEX Level II
- 1995 99th Percentile COMLEX Level I
- 1997 Outstanding Student Award Northeast Ohio, CORE
- Honors on Senior Independent Thesis, College of Wooster
Research and Publications:
- Mechanical Study of Demineralized Bone for Biological Disk Implant. Gregory M. Bailey, DO, Darryl R. Sybert, DO, FAOAO
- Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome and Pediatric Hip Disorders. Gregory M. Bailey, DO, Charles T. Mehiman, DO, Jack H. Rubinstein, MD
- Grand Rounds Doctors Hospital, 2001-Spinal Tumors, 2001 Spinal Cord Trauma, 2000-Upper Cervical Spine Fractures, 1999-Pediatric Scoliosis, 1998-Scaphoid Fractures and Treatment
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Osteopathic Specialty Surgeons
- Mount Nittany Medical Center