Shawn Kibe PA-C
Shawn Kibe is an orthopedic physician
assistant at University Orthopedics Center (UOC). He graduated from
Penn State University in 1992 and earned his physician assistant
certificate from Cornell University Medical College in 1998. He
became NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician
Assistants) certified in 1998.
Before joining University Orthopedics
in November 2000, Shawn worked for Lewistown Hospital Rehabilitation
Services as director of sports medicine. Prior to that he worked as
an athletic trainer for Joyner Sportsmedicine. He also worked for
orthopedic surgeion Dennis DeVita, MD., and orthopedic surgeons
Herbert Kunkle and Associates as a physician assistant-certified.
Shawn assists the UOC physicians in the
operating room and attends to patients in our State College office.
Other duties include making rounds on patients in the hospital, on-
call coverage, sporting event coverage, and discharge summaries.
Shawn lives with his wife and children
in Reedsville. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends.
He also enjoys outdoor recreational activities including golf and
- 1992 Bachelor of Science, Exercise and Sports Science, Penn State University.
- 1998 Physician Assistant Certificate, Cornell University Medical College.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Altoona Regional Health System