Keith M. Zora DO
Dr. Zora is a fellowship trained Pain Management Physician. He joined University Orthopedics Center (UOC) in January of 2005 and sees patients at our State College office in the Windmere Center Building and our Altoona office located in at Station Medical Center.
Dr. Zora completed his Pain Management Fellowship at Temple University School of Medicine at the Western Pennsylvania Hospital Campus in 2002. His training and experience include unique competencies in the treatment of arthritis, back and neck pain, nerve pain, and shingles.
After receiving his Medical Degree from Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1994, Dr. Zora completed a rotating internship at St Francis Medical Center and his Anesthesiology Residency at The Western Pennsylvania Hospital.
Prior to joining UOC, Dr. Zora was the Co-medical Director of the Pain Management Center at Allegheny General Hospital from 2002 to 2004. During the same timeframe, he was Medical Director of The Pain Management Center, Westmorland Regional Hospital.
Dr. Zora is board certified with The American Board of Anesthesiology and The American Board of Pain Medicine. He is a member of the American Pain Society, the North American Neuromodulation Society, the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians and the North American Spine Society.
Dr. Zora resides in Philipsburg, PA with his wife. He enjoys outdoor activities and photography.
Dr. Zora is currently accepting new patients at our State College or Altoona offices. For an appointment please call at 814-231-2101, 814-949-4050 or 1-800-505-2101.
- 1978 Paramedic Program, Grand Valley State College, Allendale Michigan
- 1986, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- 1986-1987 Post Graduate Study: Toxicology, Purdue University
- 1994 Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Chicago, IL
- 1994-1995 Internship, Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, IL
- 1995-1998 Residency: Anesthesiology, Temple University School of Medicine, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital Campus, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2001-2002 Pain Medicine Fellowship, Temple University School of Medicine, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital Campus
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Pain Medicine
- Unlimited Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery Pennsylvania.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
Publications and Presentations:
- “Chronic Pain Management,” Medical and Surgical Grand Rounds, Allegheny General Hospital, March 2004.
- “Psychological Implications of Chronic Pain,” Psychiatry Grand Rounds, Allegheny General Hospital, April 2004.
- “Interventional Aspects of Pain Management for Breast Cancer.” Breast Cancer Conference, West Penn Allegheny Health System, February 2004.
- “Effective Management of Oncologic Pain.” Tumor Board, Westmoreland Regional Hospital, February 2004
- “Medical and Interventional Treatments for Pain in Colon Cancer,” West Penn Allegheny Health System Colon Cancer Symposia, January 2004.
- “Chronic Pain Syndromes,” Grand Rounds, Westmoreland Regional Hospital, October 2002.
- “Provocative Discography,” 2nd Annual Canaan Valley Pain Management and Regional Anesthesia Symposium, January 2002.
- “Post Operative PCEA (Patient Controlled Epidural Analgesia),” Multiple Presentation throughout WPAHS.
- “Nucleoplasty, Arthrocare Corporation,” Multiple Presentations throughout the Midwest and Eastern USA.
- “Pain Control in the ICU,” Multiple Presentations throughout WPAHS.
- American Pain Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- North American Spine Society