Todd B. Cousins DO
Dr. Cousins is a fellowship trained interventional pain management physician. He joined University Orthopedics Center (UOC) in July of 2003 and sees patients at our State College office in the Windmere Center Building and our Altoona office located at Station Medical Center
Dr. Cousins completed his Pain Management Fellowship at Temple University School of Medicine at the Western Pennsylvania Hospital Campus in 2003. His training and experience include unique competencies in the treatment of arthritis, back and neck pain, nerve pain, and shingles.
After receiving his medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in May 1988, Dr. Cousins completed a rotating internship at Millcreek Community Hospital and an anesthesiology residency at The Western Pennsylvania Hospital.
Prior to joining UOC, Dr. Cousins was a staff anesthesiologist at Bradford Regional Medical Center from 1993-1997, where he became the chairman of Department of Anesthesia in 1994. From 1997 to 2002 Dr. Cousins practiced medicine at Centre Community Surgical Center. During that time he became the Department of Anesthesia chairman at Tyrone Hospital, Tyrone, PA.
Dr. Cousins is board certified from the American Board of Anesthesiology and the American Board of Pain Medicine. He is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the International Spinal Injection Society, the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, and the Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists.
Dr. Cousins lives with his wife and children in Lemont, PA. He enjoys running and coaching his children’s sports activities.
Dr. Cousins is currently accepting new patients at our State College and Altoona offices. For an appointment please call at 814-231-2101, 814-949-4050 or 1-800-505-2101.
- 1984 Bachelor of Science, Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA
- 1988 Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- 1988-1989 Rotating Internship, Millcreek Community Hospital, Erie, PA
- 1989-1990 Internal Medicine, Millcreek Community College
- 1990-1993 Anesthesiology Residency, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2002-2003 Pain Medicine Fellowship, Temple University School of Medicine, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital Campus
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Board of Anesthesiology. (Subspecialty Certification in Pain Medicine)
- Kasrae, N. and Cousins, T., “Propofol and Hereditary Coporporphyria.” Anesthesia and Analgesia, October, 1993
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- International Spinal Injection Society
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists
- Coach, Girls Basketball
- Board of Directors, Lemont Village Association